The Lingo World App for iPhone is a language learning app. There are as many as ten different languages including Icelandic and Thai that users can learn instantly. The app becomes especially handy when users need to communicate with locals for common things like asking for directions, or for restaurants. The app teaches words which users can practice through the app itself and speak like a native.
The Lingo World App is ideal to be carried around whenever users are out on a trip abroad since it contains hundreds of foreign language words which users can hear on the app and try to perfect their own delivery of those. Some of the popular features of the app are listed below.
- The Lingo World App is compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and has been optimized for iPhone 5. It is also compatible with iPod Touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generations) and iPad.
- The app, version 1.1 requires at least an iOS 4.3 and higher.
- It has a pre-set option of choosing between 10 languages – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Icelandic, Korean and Thai.
- There are more than 150 word and phrases translations and users can both read up the displayed translation on the app screen and hear it spoken.
- There are different levels of language learning in this app and users can progress by fulfilling the language goal of each level.
- There are different everyday language tasks to choose from like introduction, learning numbers, greetings, shopping, asking for directions, food, dining and everything else. Each level required players to learn words and perfect their speech in the Recording Studio.
- Upon completion of each level, users stand to earn badges for perfect pronunciation.
- There are 10 popular in app purchases, each priced at $2.99.
- The app measures 45.4 MB and has been developed by Cooori ehf.
- Lingo World is easy to download using 3G and the app is able to teach words without an internet connection.
- The app phrasebook can be accessed anytime the need for using foreign language words arises.
- Users can connect with friends through the social media integrated app and share level scores and compete for more badges.
Summary: The Lingo World app for iPhone and iPad is a useful tool to learn to speak like a native. It is free to download and teaches words with the perfect pronunciation. It is indeed a helpful travel companion when touring overseas destinations. It is simple to install and the interface is attractive. Users have the option of playing at different language levels and listening to the phrasebook for instant practical application. In all, the app is both instructional and fun in an engaging way.
Good: It is a free language learning and translation app that both young and adult users can enjoy. It is so simple that users younger than 5 years can use it to pick up and speak translated words.
Bad: There are only 10 common languages with space for more application levels.